Twelve Basic Cancer Factoids
This series of articles is designed to provide information, insights, and common sense suggestions.
- #1 Cancer: a dis-ease (dis meaning against - ease) caused by abnormal cell growth
- #2 Suspected causes: carcinogens, viruses, bacteria, fungus, human factors, etc.
- #3 Abnormal: reproducing rapidly, uncontrolled, undifferentiated, and primordial. (glitch at/during end of cell division where it goes on and on, resulting in too many new (neoplasm) cells = cancer
- #4 neoplasm: the primary growth and metastasizes are secondary
- #5 metastasize: (meta = many) fragments that spread easily via the blood and lymph
- #6 myth: cancer is (usually) localized in one area
- #7 truth: blood and lymph circulate throughout the whole body - the metastases can therefore travel easily and generally undetected anywhere
- #8 metastases equals cancer: whether or not they have some kind of switch to if/when turn on, other things have also occur before they become cancer
- #9 pain: sensory (pain, pressure, heat and cold) nerves/receptors are everywhere in the body - a tumor\'s weight (among other things) can create elevated sensations to touch, clothing, bedding, temperature changes, etc.
- #10 death: tumor weight can crush an organ or cause asphyxiation (death by lack of air); however most deaths are caused by organ failure because they can\'t compete for nutrients or space
- #11 good news: early detection and education. Ask lots of questions, get solid answers, and common sense goes a long ways.
#12 cancer can be eliminated: to help with this, future articles titles will cover:
- Myths & Truth About Healing Cancer
- Human Factors (Mental, Emotional, Etc)
- Complementary Treatments
- In Your Cupboard/Good For You
- and more...
Author Pam Taylor has over 23 yrs experience in the holistic field as a therapist, instructor (including medical massage and terminology), consultant, and author.